Friday 8 March 2013

Pokemon Snowmen

Here's a question. It's snowing and you are an avid Pokemon fan. Which Pokemon should I model? Of the 500-odd creatures to choose from, what is the best to model in the medium of snow? An ice-type (for the obvious reason). A water-type (which would work when the snow starts to thaw), like this well-sculpted Blastoise.


A Pokemon that's white in colour, like this Togepi?


Or something very ambitious or showy, like this Mewtwo one.


Or this very good one.

I'm sure this is a Pokemon, because of its design, but I have no idea what Pokemon this is. 
It's likely to be one of the legendary ones of the later generations, 
but I can't find it in my resources on this image alone. 

Or (the most obvious of all) a Pikachu.


But I think I just found the best snowman you could make. The inspiration came from this picture sent in by a reader to Pocket World Magazine (I occasionally buy it to add to my archive and for my nephew).

A Ditto snowman by James Harvey (aged 10) (from Pocket World Magazine Issue 140 March 2013)

A Ditto. Its perfect. Its simple. It requires little snow to make (ideal for when your urge to create is delayed to when the snow starts to thaw) and (and this is the best bit) its the only Pokemon that can have its ability truly acted out in the medium of snow - transform (but you may require a lot of snow if you plan to transform Ditto into something large (like a Gyarados)).

I like to point out that the Pokemon snowmen images were looked up on Google Images (so I have no idea who made them (except to Ditto)).


Additional note - I just remembered the Zorua and the Zoroark, the recently discovered creatures that can also transform. However, they are difficult to build, as they are fox-like animals on four legs and a lot of hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment