Sunday 4 April 2021

Why the Snacking Otaku is on Flickr

I recently found out an issue with the blogger platform. It turns out that if you upload a very big image, it'll resize it to make it fit the template, even if you set it to "original size." This maximum limit is 1600 pixels wide. 

A blogpost about this reduction in resolution

Many of the nibbles I made are WAY wider than that, due to the need for high resolution to allow clarity. As a result, if you view or download my nibbles straight from the Snacking Otaku blog it'll be of a lower resolution than I intended.

That is why, last night, I set up a Flickr account and have them uploaded there, as they allow FULL RESOLUTION viewing and downloading. I have added a link to the full res nibble on each post, so you can experience the Snacking Otaku in its FULL RES GLORY. 

https://www.flickr.com/people/snackingotaku/

No comments:

Post a Comment