Thursday 4 April 2013

An alternative history in FMA

I just had a thought about Fullmetal Alchemist (one of my favorite mangas of all time) and its a scary one.

What if... Maes Hughes lived through the events of the story and lived long enough to see the invention of... the carousel slide projector? Oh the horror!

Imagine that! Endless slideshows of baby pictures of Elicia (Which is made worse for Elicia, if you consider that the events of FMA take place in the 1910s and will be in her 40s by the time the slideshow horror).


I did plan to have my own drawings to be on the wall of this picture, but it will have taken ages.
So I had to modify other people's images, so sorry to the original creators of these images. 
I do plan to replace them with my own in the future.

Or maybe, Elicia (or Hues' "friends") will stage their own slideshows as revenge.

I know Armstrong and Fuery aren't in this picture. 
It'll be 50 years since the events of the story,
 so I'm going to leave to you to ponder why they aren't there.

I recently found a fan fiction about Mustang's division doing The Rocky Horror Show as a charity performance. The only qualm I have about this fic is that The Rocky Horror Show wasn't first performed until.... 1973! But the idea is crazy enough for me to forgive the author. The second chapter was only published on the 29th March but I think this is worth reading.




Dedicated to the memory oBrigadier General Maes Hughes 
1885-1914

No comments:

Post a Comment