Monday 30 March 2015

Fictional Book #4 The Ash Connection by I am Lu

A while ago, back in the transition from January to February, a fit of desire for distraction made me do something for the first time - explore the rolls of Pokémon fan-fiction on fanfiction.net.

On this internet adventure I discovered this story - The Ash Connection by I am Lu.

It's a well-researched conspiracy thriller involving Team Rocket's recapture of Mewtwo and Giovanni's plot for world domination, through the control of the Earth's climate controls. It only makes a lot of sense if you have (like me) been an avid viewer of the Pokémon TV series (which is still going on today). The writer knows this, and wrote this dedication...
Dedicated to the fans
Who have stuck with the series
From 1997 to 2013
This is for those
Who still believe in Ash
It's a cracking read. 33 chapters and 340,693 words. A story worth reading for any Pokémon fan. The writer has even written a sequel (which is still in writing by the time of this writing) - The Ash Connection II; The Rising. It's involves a bio-terror plot in Unova by Team Plasma (only those who were watching since 2010 will know what those nouns are).

What I really like about this story is its plausibility. The writer has done the research. I can emphasize with that. Really, I can. Don't believe me? If you have read the Act of Cultural Vandalism I made in April 2013 entitled An observation about a boy who like cake! I mentioned that for "research purposes" I read all 14 volumes of the Manga and watched all 150-odd episodes of the first era of the franchise Beyblade. The reason I wrote then was to find out whether the character Max Tate was ever depicted consuming anything sweet (despite his many depictions of been a sugar junkie in the fan fiction). The REAL reason I did this research was for something more ambitious.

Yes, among my many ideas in my projects folder is a piece of fiction involving Beyblade. That is how I can emphasize with I am Lu and that is how I knew with confidence that Max Tate hasn't really got an exaggerated sweet tooth. 

Back to the reason for this post. I have liked this story so much that I decided that it'll be the subject of my next fictional book cover....



I admit I could have done the "photographs" better. I wanted to have this done before April, so I was a bit rushed.

If I am Lu is seeing this, if you like to use this image, go ahead and use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment