Monday 22 June 2015

A surprise appearance of Kai Hiwatari

Just recently (when browsing this month's copy of MyM that I bought from Forbidden Planet) I was taken aback when I instantly saw this page....

from page 6 MyM Issue 39 (June 2015)

Regular readers of this blog will know that I have a sort of.... fraternization with this particular character. So much so that he occasionally makes an appearance in this blog. It's the result of research I did for a proposed piece of fan-fiction which I talked about (a bit) back in March.

Reading the article, I'm intrigued that Paramount Pictures is planning to make a live-action movie for the franchise (and the fact that these spinning tops has made $2.5billion!).

I can pretty guess that the resulting film will involve a lot of colour-filtered CGi, as (despite the existence of real-life remote controlled tops) its nearly impossible to control the direction of a top. It's like taming a cat.

My final thought about the idea - I think it would be as successful as the live-action Dragonball movie.

Good luck Paramount, because your gonna need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment