Saturday 31 October 2015

A Year on Facebook and a social media statement form me

A year ago I started to use Facebook. And so far I have made contact with a number of relatives I rarely see (due to them living in England), put my name on a number of online petitions, shared many links and been bothered by one relative by multiple offers to play Criminal Case with her (I have no time to play games. I got stuff to do here).

I have found Facebook useful (I admit, reluctantly). But I have been careful about what I post and how much time I spend on it. Although a few links I got were disturbing (nothing extreme, except a mock up of a human face without muscles (its very freaky)), the majority of them were dull usual stuff you'll get, such as pics containing quotes and things from people who want to collect likes for various reasons (I can't "like" every single thing like that, no matter how kind and charitable it is. Its not because I'm not nice (I work with NAS, remember), its because I got priorities. They have become like the plastic bags I get through the letterbox for old clothes.).

As I said a year ago, I'm not the social type, so I rarely actually say something on Facebook. Probably something at least once a week. But when I say something (personally and publicly) I make it count. Because of this, I'll say this now.....

I will never use twitter.

(despite the fact the friend that got me to use Facebook is on it.)

For future reference if I become famous enough to be the subject of people pretending to be me, I'll have a link to this post ready for anyone who wants a comment form me for whatever I supposed to have said on the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment