Saturday 31 October 2015

Inktober 2015 - Pokehumans

Inktober is a challenge set up by artist Jake Parker for artists to encourage them to draw more.

The rules (taken from Jake Parker's website) are simple. For every day in October participants must...

1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).
2) Post it on your blog (or tumblr, instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)
3) Hashtag it with #inktober
4) Repeat
I was introduced to this challenge by a friend on Facebook who was asking me what should he draw for Inktober this year. After coming up with an idea for him I had the thought of doing the Inktober challenge myself.

At the time of discovering Inktober I was thinking about (and sketching) Pokehumans - Pokémon in human form. So naturally I choose to do that as the theme of my drawings for Inktober. To make it more interesting I asked my sister, nephew, and mother to write up a list of 31 random Pokémon for me (except Pikachu and Meowth, the two most obvious ones and ones I have done many times before (just look about this blog for Cat Stevens)). 


Here is the list....
(Excuse the spelling)

And here are my drawings from Inktober 2015.

Oshawott

Celebi

Ninetales

Zubat

Haxorus
Not my best work

Mamoswine

Darkrai

Kyogre

The reason for the sailor fuku was because I found out that the day of drawing it was Aya Hirano's Birthday. (She's a Japanese voice actress best known for voicing Haruhi Suzumiya)

Gengar

Squirtle

Growlithe

Dialga

Palkia

Keldeo

Tentacruel

Typhlosion

Charizard and its mega evolutions
I drew it than then made a coloured copy of it for my nephew for his birthday.
(Charizard X is his favourite.)

Grovyle

Froakie

Genesect

Absol

The drawing of Absol coincided with Back to the Future Day.
Back to the Future III was on TV and the scene with the Indians gave me inspiration.

I then drew this...


Meloetta

Serperior

Emboar

Diancie

Meowstic

Rapidash

Grotle

four attempts at Deerling
(one for every season)

Gyarados

Chandelure for Halloween

In the first weeks of Inktober I had trouble choosing which one on the list to do next.
So while I was out I ask the people I met to choose one for me.

While in the Glasgow office of NAS (for a meeting regarding the newsletter I work on)
one person (named Fiona) was a bit disappointed that Lugia wasn't on the list.

So, on a whim, I took the time to draw this...

Lugia

What should I do for next Inktober?

If you got ideas, write in comments.

UPDATE
A friend of my nephew's commissioned an Eevee.

No comments:

Post a Comment