Thursday 18 August 2016

I'M BACK !!!!


On Wednesday 20th April 2016 I was locked out of my Google Account due to "suspicious activity."

I believe it was caused by me accidentally using my mother's debit card to pay for something in the Google App Store, and my mother thinking my payments were fraud, which made her cancel those payments.

This problem was solved back in May, but I didn't want to rush trying to re-access it again. So sorry it took until August to finally start posting on this blog again. If you are not aware Google owns Blogger (as well as YouTube. If I wanted to I couldn't upload any videos to my channel.), so without access to my Google Account I was not able to post on this blog.

But I have my reasons for this delay. I had been busy and stressful, mostly because of what happened to my mother in June. She is not exactly in great health most of the time. I could do a whole blog post about her condition, but don't want to because it makes dull reading. But during a routine test in Glasgow Royal Infirmary she took a very bad reaction to a drug used in the test, which led to her been in hospital for 12 days. Because of what happened she requires assistance when walking long distances (int he form of a wheelchair) and can only be allowed to drive cars with automatic transmission. The family ordered such a car (with hand control and wheelchair winch mods) in July ... but it hasn't arrived let. Because of this I have been her driver for the past month.

The family planned a holiday to Haggerston Castle Holiday Park outside Berrick-Upon-Tweed in late-July. But what happened to mother complicated things. The holiday itself was fine, except for the day or two of heavy rain and us been placed in a caravan that was not in the location she asked for initially. 

The stress of ferrying everyone about when the new car should have been doing took a spike when a few weeks ago I backed my new car (my ten-year-old Aygo's wheel bearings were in such bad shape when it was inspected for its MOT that it will have cost me over £1,000 to fix) into an illegally parked car outside a leisure centre where my nephew is part of a swimming club. My rear bumper was a bit deformed and a plastic clip attaching ti to the car broke so last week it was been sent to be fixed while I was given a Smart ForFour as a courtesy car.  It was a bit difficult to get use to, with its dimensions and controls and boot too small for a wheelchair. But it got worse ... when I accidentally damaged it while trying to park it. I just got my car back today and because of the front bumper I damaged, I am paying double for my excess. All because of a car that should have arrived over two weeks ago. If that car had been delivered at the expected I never would have been the one ferrying my nephew and mother that evening to that leisure centre and I never would have encountered that illegally-parked car behind me.

So, yeah. I was a bit stressed until a few hours ago.... and in that moment of calm I noticed that my BBC Radio App on my Android tablet won't work unless I updated it (something I couldn't do because of my been locked out of Google). So finally I tackled this problem.... and WON. So now I am back.

What made this experience worse was that the timing of it. I had originally planned to finish "Part 1" of my Pokemon special for the end of April. But when the lock-out began it was on the morning of a string of five days of nothing I could have used to finish it.

But this lock-out wasn't all bad. If I hadn't been locked out my Pokemon special would have been completed before the Pokemon Go app was launched and my discovery of this theory about Gen 7. Thanks of this delay, "Part 3" will be much more richer and more informed about the final moments of Gen 6. 

Also, I began work on a new project - a book about how computers work. I'll say more later. But, for now I'm just happy I am able to show my work and share my detailed thought s online again. And I hope this NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN. Otherwise, I might consider moving to another platform. 

Any suggestions readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment