Monday 26 November 2012

A discovery in Forbidden Planet

I just been to the Forbidden Planet comic book shop on Buchanan Street, Glasgow, earlier today and I made a discovery.
It was something I thought couldn't be done on print.....

.... A comic book crossover of Doctor Who and Star Trek!

The two greatest sci-fi franchises ever to come form the 1960s (except for Ultraman and the works of Gerry Anderson) together in a single storyline! How could this be possible? (I know it has been done online, check the link below.) But the fact that it has been printed astonishes me.

Doctor Who and Star Trek Next Generation Crossover fan-fiction

I should note that the comic I discovered is a crossover of Star Trek - The Next Generation (That's the Patrick Stewart Captain Picard series for you non-Trekkies out there.) and the 11th Doctor Who (Matt Smith).

So, did I buy it.... no (I had already bought a lot of stuff that day, so I didn't. Plus, I'm not that well into Star Trek to make such a purchase (I seen the J.J. Abrams 2009 movie and a few episodes and movies, but that's it).

If you are curious enough to click the link, feel free to explore the site. There's a lot of crazy stuff on it. There's one story where the Doctor kills Stewie Griffin to prevent him dominating the world (which is very dramatically-written) and a few about him getting mixed up with a certain high school club whose interest is in aliens, time travellers and ESPers, whose leader could destroy the world (although she doesn't know that). (I'm not telling you who I'm talking about there. Find out for yourself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment