Saturday 10 November 2012

Parts of a 1991 Renault Clio - 2009


This drawing was made for an environmental-themed game for college in 2009. 

I had drawn pictures like this since 2001 and this is the only one I had coloured in (so far as of November 2012). The source material for this image is the Dorling Kindersley Visual Dictionary of Cars (1992) or The Ultimate Visual Dictionary (various editions).
The reason for this image been used in the game was to highlight how difficult it is to recycle complicated machines like cars. This was drawn on A3 and was one of the first images I scanned with my then new Brother A3 printer/scanner. Its still at work in my home office, scanning drawings and the contents of books and magazines  to build my digital archive (it saves carrying a lot of large books about while travelling).

No comments:

Post a Comment